ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

Michel Sanner
Dear fellow AutoDock'ers

We are finalizing the release of our new software suite MGLTools2 and we
are looking for alpha-users to test it and report problems and suggest
improvements that will help us provide a more usable and more robust
version of the tools in the final version.

MGLTools2 comprises a new docking engine AutoDockFR that was designed to
incorporate specific receptor flexibility. This method was published
earlier [1] but now has a C++ implementations for the most computational
intensive parts of the docking process leading to docking performances
exceeding AutoDock4's capability, while affording the capability of
handling up to 14 receptor side chains as flexible and docking covalent
ligands.

In addition to ADFR, MGLTools2 provides AutoGridFR (AFGR): a command
line program for computing AutoDock grids for a given receptor, along
with a QT-based graphical user for running Aagfrgui.

graphical installers as well as tarballs for Linux, Mac and Windows are
available at:

http://adfr.scripps.edu/versions/1.1/downloads.html

This website also provides several tutorials on using ADFR and AGFR

We value any and all feed back on the software tools and tutorials.
Please send your comment to [hidden email]

Thank you in advance to all of you who will download and test drive it

Happy docking

Michel Sanner Ph.D.

   /   Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
o     Associate Professor of biology    Department of Integrative
   \                                     Structual and Computation Biology
    o  Tel. (858) 784-7742               10550 North Torrey Pines Road
   /   Fax. (858) 784-2341 La Jolla, CA 92037, TPC 26
o     [hidden email]                http://www.scripps.edu/sanner

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

Stephen P. Molnar
There has been discussion about the end of support for Python 2 on the
Python mailing lists lately.  This makes me curious about any plans your
may have for upgrading the Autodock facially?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a fuzzy set
www.molecular-modeling.net Stochastic and multivariate

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

Ahmed Hassan
Dear: Michel Sanner Ph.D.
Thank you, We are very luck to be first user for new software of autodock,
but we are have problem we not getting the AutoDockFR (ADFR) to using this
software in my studies
thank you
Ahmed H. Bakheit

On 28 November 2017 at 01:30, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear fellow AutoDock'ers
>
> We are finalizing the release of our new software suite MGLTools2 and we
> are looking for alpha-users to test it and report problems and suggest
> improvements that will help us provide a more usable and more robust
> version of the tools in the final version.
>
> MGLTools2 comprises a new docking engine AutoDockFR that was designed to
> incorporate specific receptor flexibility. This method was published
> earlier [1] but now has a C++ implementations for the most computational
> intensive parts of the docking process leading to docking performances
> exceeding AutoDock4's capability, while affording the capability of
> handling up to 14 receptor side chains as flexible and docking covalent
> ligands.
>
> In addition to ADFR, MGLTools2 provides AutoGridFR (AFGR): a command line
> program for computing AutoDock grids for a given receptor, along with a
> QT-based graphical user for running Aagfrgui.
>
> graphical installers as well as tarballs for Linux, Mac and Windows are
> available at:
>
> http://adfr.scripps.edu/versions/1.1/downloads.html
>
> This website also provides several tutorials on using ADFR and AGFR
>
> We value any and all feed back on the software tools and tutorials. Please
> send your comment to [hidden email]
>
> Thank you in advance to all of you who will download and test drive it
>
> Happy docking
>
> Michel Sanner Ph.D.

>   /   Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
> o     Associate Professor of biology    Department of Integrative
>   \                                     Structual and Computation Biology
>    o  Tel. (858) 784-7742               10550 North Torrey Pines Road
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=10550+North+Torrey+Pines+Road&entry=gmail&source=g>
>   /   Fax. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037, TPC 26
> o     [hidden email]                http://www.scripps.edu/sanner

> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

bushra TAJ
Hello
Every time I am making gpf file and making grid box my ligand appears far
too distant from my receptor so I have to increase the grid point spacing
default value from 0.375 to even more than double to bring it into box.
Is that right???
On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Ahmed Hassan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear: Michel Sanner Ph.D.
> Thank you, We are very luck to be first user for new software of autodock,
> but we are have problem we not getting the AutoDockFR (ADFR) to using this
> software in my studies
> thank you
> Ahmed H. Bakheit
>

> On 28 November 2017 at 01:30, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear fellow AutoDock'ers
> >
> > We are finalizing the release of our new software suite MGLTools2 and we
> > are looking for alpha-users to test it and report problems and suggest
> > improvements that will help us provide a more usable and more robust
> > version of the tools in the final version.
> >
> > MGLTools2 comprises a new docking engine AutoDockFR that was designed to
> > incorporate specific receptor flexibility. This method was published
> > earlier [1] but now has a C++ implementations for the most computational
> > intensive parts of the docking process leading to docking performances
> > exceeding AutoDock4's capability, while affording the capability of
> > handling up to 14 receptor side chains as flexible and docking covalent
> > ligands.
> >
> > In addition to ADFR, MGLTools2 provides AutoGridFR (AFGR): a command line
> > program for computing AutoDock grids for a given receptor, along with a
> > QT-based graphical user for running Aagfrgui.
> >
> > graphical installers as well as tarballs for Linux, Mac and Windows are
> > available at:
> >
> > http://adfr.scripps.edu/versions/1.1/downloads.html
> >
> > This website also provides several tutorials on using ADFR and AGFR
> >
> > We value any and all feed back on the software tools and tutorials.
> Please
> > send your comment to [hidden email]
> >
> > Thank you in advance to all of you who will download and test drive it
> >
> > Happy docking
> >
> > Michel Sanner Ph.D.
> >
> > --

> -------------
> >   /   Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
> > o     Associate Professor of biology    Department of Integrative
> >   \                                     Structual and Computation Biology
> >    o  Tel. (858) 784-7742               10550 North Torrey Pines Road
> > <https://maps.google.com/?q=10550+North+Torrey+Pines+Road&en
> try=gmail&source=g>
> >   /   Fax. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037, TPC 26
> > o     [hidden email]                http://www.scripps.edu/sanner
> -------------

> > --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

Michel Sanner
Hello
The docking box specifies the space to explore for placing the ligand during the docking procedure. During the calculation of the grid the ligand does not have to be in the box. In fact the ligand is not needed at all to compute the grids. The reason you can load a ligand in AGFR is to use a ligand in its bound pose to define a docking box, for instance, at the begging of a docking project to validate that the known ligand the-docks properly before trying new ligand.
Best regards

On 28 November 2017 at 01:30, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

send your comment to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

o     [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>                http://www.scripps.edu/sanner
-------------

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

bushra TAJ
It means if I am keeping 0.375A, 96x96x96 just around my receptor it will
equally work??
Still I can play around with x y z to bring my receptor in the center of
the grid box.
I am right??

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> o     Associate Professor of biology    Department of Integrative
>  \                                     Structual and Computation Biology
>   o  Tel. (858) 784-7742               10550 North Torrey Pines Road
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=10550+North+Torrey+Pines+Road&en
> try=gmail&source=g>
>  /   Fax. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037, TPC 26
> o     [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> http://www.scripps.edu/sanner
> -------------

> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---
> --- ADL: AutoDock List  --- http://autodock.scripps.edu/mailing_list ---

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

Yes the idea is that you define the box that tells the docking program the region it should search to place the ligand. If you define a box to cover a particular cavity the docking program will find the best pose of the ligand in this cavity. If the box covers the entire receptor the docking program will search for the best possible interaction between the ligand and the  receptor anywhere in the receptor surface or cavities.

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello
The docking box specifies the space to explore for placing the ligand
during the docking procedure. During the calculation of the grid the ligand
does not have to be in the box. In fact the ligand is not needed at all to
compute the grids. The reason you can load a ligand in AGFR is to use a
ligand in its bound pose to define a docking box, for instance, at the
begging of a docking project to validate that the known ligand the-docks
properly before trying new ligand.
Best regards

On Dec 3, 2017, at 2:06 AM, bushra TAJ <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:

Hello
Every time I am making gpf file and making grid box my ligand appears far
too distant from my receptor so I have to increase the grid point spacing
default value from 0.375 to even more than double to bring it into box.
Is that right???
On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Ahmed Hassan <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:

Dear: Michel Sanner Ph.D.
Thank you, We are very luck to be first user for new software of autodock,
but we are have problem we not getting the AutoDockFR (ADFR) to using this
software in my studies
thank you
Ahmed H. Bakheit

On 28 November 2017 at 01:30, Michel Sanner <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:san
[...]

send your comment to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]>

Thank you in advance to all of you who will download and test drive it

Happy docking

Michel Sanner Ph.D.

-------------
/   Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
o     Associate Professor of biology    Department of Integrative
\                                     Structual and Computation Biology
 o  Tel. (858) 784-7742               10550 North Torrey Pines Road
<https://maps.google.com/?q=10550+North+Torrey+Pines+Road&en
try=gmail&source=g>
/   Fax. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037, TPC 26
o     [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]>
http://www.scripps.edu/sanner

Re: ADL: MGLTools2 / AutoDockFR pre-release

bushra TAJ
Thanks it helped a lot.
Regards