problem in installing autodock

mess20
Hi everybody,
i am trying to install autodock4 on my linux cluster but I keep getting
error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
it seemed to me that there is a missing library in my system, can i sort
this out?
any help would be appreciated!

--
MESS20

Computational Chemistry & Modelling (PhD)
Chemistry Department
University of Bath
Bath
UK
Tel: +44 (0) 7737 404 387

Assistant lecturer
Pharmaceutical Organic chemistry Dept.
Faculty of Pharmacy
Zagazig University
Zagazig
Egypt

Re: ADL: problem in installing autodock

sargis
Administrator
mess20 wrote:
> i am trying to install autodock4 on my linux cluster but I keep getting
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> it seemed to me that there is a missing library in my system, can i sort
> this out?

You'll need either to build autodock from source or install the missing
library. Since libstdc++.so.6 comes preinstalled with the latest Linux
system, I'm guessing that, in your case, it would be better to build
autodock from source.

Cheers,
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer III
The Scripps Research Institute,
Sargis Dallakyan - Google Profile -

Re: ADL: problem in installing autodock

Nicolas Sapay
Hello,

Your problem sounds like a compatibility issue, although I only have a
poor experience in compiling autodock. Actually, I had a similar error
with Fedora 9 64 bits. IIRC, I have installed some compatibility libraries :

    yum list compat*
    yum install compat-libstc++-...

Then, I have installed GCC3

    yum list gcc3*
    yum install gcc3...

Finally, I have compiled autodock/grid from the source. You may also
simply check where the C++ libraries are located:

    find / -name libstdc++.so.6

And force your shell to load the directory where they are located:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your/lib/directory

However, it is not recomanded to mess up to much with LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
especially as a superuser.

Cheers,
Nicolas

mess20 a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
> i am trying to install autodock4 on my linux cluster but I keep getting
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> it seemed to me that there is a missing library in my system, can i sort
> this out?
> any help would be appreciated!

nicolas_sapay.vcf (404 bytes) Download Attachment